cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client failing all backups with errors EC8F17B7 E7C3000F EBAB03F1

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Hello,

I have a windows 2008 R2 domain controller on a HYPER-V virtual machine that is failing all backups.

The error is always the same:

Descrizione: Errore EC8F17B7: Impossibile creare i punti di ripristino per il processo: Backup DC2.

Errore E7C3000F: Il dispositivo \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy27 non riesce a leggere i settori 12.304 a partire da LBA 2.502.072.

Errore EBAB03F1: Si è verificato il seguente errore del sistema operativo durante l'esecuzione dell'operazione richiesta: 'Impossibile eseguire la richiesta a causa di un errore di dispositivo I/O.'

Dettagli: 0xE7C3000F

where the "27" after shadowcopy is a number that starts from 1 and increases after every failed attempt, and resents after rebooting.

Same days ago I was able to make a backup, after changing the backup setting by adding the option "make a full VSS backup". After changing that option I was able to make a backup, then a few days after the error started to appear again.

I have already run chkdks /f/r and no error was found. 

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

The 'Perform full VSS backup' option is only relevant if you are backing up an Exchange server.

If you disable it, do backups work?

If they still fail, what errors are seen in the event logs at time of backup? Are you using SSR 2013 R2?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I was using 2013, I also upgraded to 2013 R2 but the issue remains there.

Now I try to disable it again and see what happens

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I got the same error also with "full VSS backup" disabled

Descrizione: Errore EC8F17B7: Impossibile creare i punti di ripristino per il processo: Backup DC2.

Errore E7C3000F: Il dispositivo \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy28 non riesce a leggere i settori 12.296 a partire da LBA 2.490.472.

Errore EBAB03F1: Si è verificato il seguente errore del sistema operativo durante l'esecuzione dell'operazione richiesta: 'Impossibile eseguire la richiesta a causa di un errore di dispositivo I/O.'

Dettagli: 0xE7C3000F

criley
Employee Accredited

This may explain it: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144550

Can you manually remove the shadow copies and then try again? After removing them, restart the SSR service. Then try another backup.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5
I had found this article. But: 1) no shadow copy of the volume is present if i check the shadow copy tab of c drive 2) the volume is not set to create any shadow copy automatically 3) windows backup is disabled 4) no other third party backup software is installed