cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to Virtual Just says Pending

Prowler
Not applicable
Running BESR 7.01 Manager I have 7 servers using BESR when I select Convert from any server that is up I am able to convert the image to a virtual image. Now I have 1 server that has failed and will not power up at all.
I have image and incremetals of this server from the other day. Now when I right click and select Convert to  Virtual all looks fine but nothing happens. When I check pending job the convert job just says pending.
When I convert any other server that is Up it converts right away.

Is there a way to force the Job right away? and how long is reasonable to wait for a pending job?

thanks,

Steve
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

From a full install of Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0x (i.e. which would differs from an agent only install done at the client using an EasyInstaller package stating that the UI or console will *not* be installed) use the TOOLS > Convert to Virtual Disk menu option.

This can be done from any full install of Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0x; not necessarily from the system from which the recovery point image was originally created from or from the manager system.

It is suggested to copy the recovery point image file (i.e. *.v2i file) and any incremental updates (*.iv2i) to a local drive on the system performing the conversion. With a local copy of the recovery point image the average time of conversion is approximately 3 minutes per GB of used space that made up the original system drives the recovery point image represents.

To discover the original use space of the source drive a recovery point image repersents –since the recovery point image file itself is often far smaller in size then of the use space it was created from– open the image in the Recovery point browser, right click on the drive icon in the left window’s hierarchy and choose Properties from its context menu.