cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Backup Wizard

patrick_crum
Level 2
I am deploying BESR7 and have run into something I could not find answered in the forums.    After I deployed the agent on a remote computer and installed the correct license slf file I tried to use the deploy backup wizard.    It works fine for the Entire Backup of c:  However, the other option of "Backup Selected Files and Folders" is grayed out.    I checked all settings  and could not find anything weird.    Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

I inquired internally about this and was told that the new file/folder backup job wizard in BESR 7.0 cannot be managed remotely using the standard 1-to-1 console.  Full volume backup jobs may still be managed remotely.

However if you work from the machine directly (or remote desktop into the system) you should be able to configure a file/folder backup job.

Thanks.

patrick_crum
Level 2
That makes sense, however after going to the computer in question, I do not get regular options like I did if I installed the entire program.    I get  the following    all programs, symantec, besr, then all I get is Security config tool. 

From the double arrow(besr icon) on the bottom by the clock., if I right click I get run backup now...but it only gives me the full computer c:.   Run or manage backups  (gives me the same thing)

There appears to be nowhere on the local computer or the managed computer to do the individual files without loading the entire program on the client.  Is this normal?   Thanks!!!!!

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Looking back at your original post, it appears you deployed the agent from one system to another, using the standard console.  I believe this means that a 'headless' version of BESR exists on the target box.

You will need to install the console as well in order to run the GUI locally on that system.  I believe it is possible to only install the console, but it would probably be easier to just run the install of the full product locally on that box. 

This will allow you to create a file/folder backup job on that system.

Le me know if you have additional questions that I can look into.

Thanks.

Bruce_Carson
Level 3

Bill,
The "Backup Selected Files and Folders" is greyed out in my installations also.  What you say about having to be on the local machine to do this is true. The recovery point browser is the answer to that dilema I think.

Thanks

Bruce_Carson
Level 3

Hello,

I am running BESR7 for Server and pushing the client to another file server. Originally I was able to do a full system backup of the C: drive and the D: drive.  I am no longer able to do this. I have tried un-installing the client and re-installing the client.

The only drive available for backup is the C: drive. The D: drive which is a partition of the same physical disk does not show up. 

The "Backup Selected Files and Folders" is greyed out. What you say about having to be on the local machine to do this is true. The recovery point browser is the answer to that dilema I think.

I am using the deploy agent wizard to push the client out to the remote machine. I have other servers that this is working fine on.  What changed? Why can't I see the D: drive anymore in the "Define Backup Wizard"

Thanks