cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Digital Certificate signing

braswell_js
Level 3
All,

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, but if it has, please point me to the appropriate thread, my search found no results. What I'm having an issue with now is the digital certificate signed by the Easy Installer packages when BESR MC creates them. They aren't signed as valid certificates from Symantec, so when I try to install them from my client, IE blocks the app from running, and doesn't install the software. I've created a work around inside IE by allowing unsigned certificates to be allowed, but this, fro my standpoint, creates a massive security risk that I'm not willing to allow on these machines (paper production machines that need as little downtime as possible) I have created a Certificate Authority on my server 2003 box, and I have the certificate created for the server, but I don't know how to install the certificate onto the package. I've been into the properties, and tried to point the package towards the certificate I have, but haven't had success. Is there a way to do this inside Backup Exec, or can I do it inside Windows? Could anybody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
JB
0 REPLIES 0