cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E1AD3212

adriennovatris
Not applicable

Hello I have installed, Symantec Backup exec system recovery, Three or four times.

ANd any times i have the same error.

Error E1AD3212 You don t have sufficient privilege to perform this operation.

This warning is when i launch the program.

I have a windows sbs 2008 in english 64bits , a kaspersky antivirus.

I have test with the fixinstall.bat, i have desinstall and reinstall the programs.

My version is symantec backup exec system recovery 8.5 for SBS

Can you help me or have you any suggestions?

Thaks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
This is a known issue which is still under investigation. The following article will be updated when a fix is available:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/336887

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
This is a known issue which is still under investigation. The following article will be updated when a fix is available:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/336887

CJTX
Not applicable

Symantec telling us that they know about a problem and we will get to it eventually does not really help anyone out.--especially on a product that is on the shelves and being sold to unsuspecting customers.

I just experienced this issue with a brand new Dell T310 SBS 2008 server.
I installed BESR 2010 for SBS initially on the C:\ drive.
I did not register the product for a few days, but immediately experienced issues where it would not work after a day or so.
Jobs were not running, you could never connect fully to the agent etc if the server was on for more than a day.
I even tried registering the product with my key, which looked like it worked, but then kept getting notified my product was 'unregistered' in a popup above the systray icon every time I rebooted.
The countdown days never changed but it was annoying.

Here is my experience in getting this issue and resolving it:

Starting with a non-working instance (see above):
I uninstalled the program and did not keep any of the data when prompted for a later reinstall.

I installed the program but this time I chose to use a secondary HD as the install path. So this time I went to E:\program files (x86)... and so on.

I immediately began receiving the issues regarding not having permissions to perform the operation like the original post indicates so I could even get BESR to run correctly.

Again, I chose to uninstall BESR and live update as well--then rebooted.
I then removed the registry key for Symantec under hkey\local machine\software.
I made sure no previous instances of Symantec folders/files from my first couple of tries existed on C:\ or E:\
Rebooted again (SBS 2008 takes forever) and then installed BESR once more.
This time I immediately entered my key when that step arrived.

So far so good, the program is running and backups are working.
Perhaps the permission/rights error is related to a second install, or perhaps when its not on the C:\ drive.

In any case, the earlier mentioned 'solution' reminds me of my experience with my last Symantec purchase. SEP v11 back in 11/2007.
Waiting for a patch for a 'finished' product is just bad business.

Lieb-EDV
Level 0
Partner Accredited
Hi everybody,
we did have 4 machines running BESR 8.55 just fine for about a month.

Then we had the problem that on some machines an upgrade failed. One machine was updated to 8.57 without any problem, one updated to 8.56 and works as well.
But those two other machines keep trying to install "something" at startup - but fail. I am not sure what update they are trying to install.

So I removed the BESR Installation on those machines and wanted to install BESR 8.57. BUT NO - E1AD3212 - just like above. Using the rights tool does not help - using - restart does not do anything.

AND THIS IS NOT SOLVED...............THIS CANNOT HAPPEN...

Seems to be a problem with not accessible installation folders. Once you delete those - you are in deep trouble. Updates won't run anymore, reinstall and even those uninstallation tools don't do their job.

What we did to solve it is:
- Uninstall BESR (Chose removing existing jobs...)
- Using the uninstallation utility provided by symantec Support (which might break up if installation files are missing)
- run the reg-tool which comes with the unistallation utility seperately (because I was not sure if it is used before the break up)
- restart
- run setup again
- set up all backup jobs

AND ALL OF THIS, because an upgrade failed.