cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E7C30010 Cannot write 2,048 sectors starting at LBA 2,048. Error 00000002:

Steve_Meek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Error E7C30010 Cannot write 2,048 sectors starting at LBA 2,048.  Error 00000002: The System cannot find the file specified 

Trying to use BESR 8.02 to restore existing server to new hardware.  Did backup of old clone server, trying RestoreAnywhere to new HP ML350 with RAID drives (SAS).  I tried changing different options, I delete drive and wipe partion and retry.  Any one come across this error and resolve?  Limited stuff found through KB and google.

Thanks.  Steve 

3 REPLIES 3

Jim_Pomraning
Not applicable

Exact same message, slightly different scenario.  I made a recovery point of a live, active server and tried to restore it to dissimilar hardware as part of a test of using BESR as an element of our disaster recovery plan.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Steve_Meek
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I was able to correct my issue.  I think it was cause data already on the disk.  I was going to the UTILITIES/Support Tools and used Partition Table and First Track sections.

From there, I deleted the existing partions on the disk and then wiped the disk.  However, I was not restarting after cleaning off the disks (booting off the SRD takes forever when you are waiting on it, so I was trying to avoid restarting).  Once I did the disk delete/wipe and restarted, I was able to do the restore.

Steve

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Since rebooting does take a considerable amount of time, try preparing the disk by using the diskpart commands:

1. From the main menu within the restore environment; choose Analyze | Open command shell.
2. Type, 'DISKPART' within the command prompt and press enter.
3. Type, 'LIST DISK,' and press enter.
4. Note the disk number of the drive you wish to create a partition upon.
5. Type, 'SELECT DISK #,' where # is the drive number from step 4 and press enter.
6. Type, 'CLEAN' and press enter. (optional) add the switch, '{space}ALL,' to zero out the drive.
7. Type, 'EXIT' and press enter to leave diskpart.