cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC950006 error when restore

Daniel_Yan
Level 3

Hi,

I am testing out the trial version of system recovery 8 and now have an issue here.

The testing server has C and D drives and I backup both onto a network shared folder. I restart the server with SRD, map the network folder and load the index file .sv2i, and then the .v2i file for C drive has a green check mark ahead, which means it is good, but another .v2i file for D gives me an error "EC950006, the destination is invalid."

This is the same server I try to recover and no hardware change at all. Why the error comes up and how should I do?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Does the system give the same error if you choose the Restore My computer | View by | File Name then ‘by System’ and choose the image files (i.e. *.v2i) then the system index file (i.e. *sv2i)?

Daniel_Yan
Level 3

no. if I open the image file, it doesn't give me the error. Acutally right after backup C and D, I can open both image files for verification and they look fine.

Once agin, no hardware change in this scenario at all. I am trying to restore system to the same server with same hardware configuration.

Please help more.

Thanks.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Try copying the images to a local external harddisk drive and perform the restore then.