cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB03F1 on Exchange servers

dizza
Level 3

We have two servers that will not complete a backup almost immediately after starting via the schedule. I receive the error msg:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\), New Volume (D:\). Warning A7C3001B: Win32/Win64 API FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME(\\?\Volume{cf6fce2d-c8e7-11da-b16c-0013724db10f}\) failed. Error EBAB03F1: Access is denied.

If I run the job manually using the same parameters as the scheduld job, it will complete without problems. 

This error is pretty generic... what is exactly locked one particular file.. the whole drive???

-d

6 REPLIES 6

dizza
Level 3

I checked out both of those... I am on 8.0.2, but the service was pointing to the correct files. I also checked the registery settings, and the Allow Cluster parameter was already set to on.

Any other ideas?

-d

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

Have you tried deleting the backup job entirely, then recreating it, and the restarting the BESR service?

I'm not sure that I can help you but I think it would be helfpul to post a little more information:

What OS and Service Packs

What software is installed? What function(s) do the servers perform?

What Disk Controller and/or RAID controller

What Disk Configuration (RAID 1, RAID 5?)

dizza
Level 3

I have deleted the job and recreated it from scratch. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the agent on the server in question.

Software: MS Exchange 2003, and EMC Avamar

Controller: PERC 4e/Di

RAID Config: RAID 5

If I run a backup job on it manually, it will say that files are in use, I cancel it and then restart it. It will then go through usually fine. Any scheduled job however fails 100% of the time.

aychekay
Level 5
Partner

which brings up another important question.

What type of backup are you trying to perform? An image backup?

dizza
Level 3
Yes, full image backup for DR purposes.