cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB03F1 when BESR 7 Backup MSCS Share Storage

stevenguo
Level 2
When I use BESR 7 backup the Patitions on a MSCS(Microsoft Cluster Service ) Share storage,the Error EBAB03F1 occurs, following is the details:

--Warning A7C3001B: Win32/Win64 API FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME(\\?\Volume\{1fe58e17-104c-11dc-8261-0003ff1e848e}\) failed.
--Erorr EBAB03F1:Access deny.

any suggestion,thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

stevenguo
Level 2
who can help me,thanks!

Keng_Seng_Chee
Level 3
Most likely the backup engine is not able to snapshot the MSCS share volume.

You can write a script to shutdown the cluster service prior to the backup and startup the service again when the backup completes.

Most of us  uses this product for it's Bare metal restore capability of the protected server and not to backup the cluster data. What application are u running on the MSCS share storage? File and Print? Exchange?

stevenguo
Level 2
Thanks, We have File Server and Exchange Server running on the MSCS Share storage.

fjones
Level 2
I too am having the same problem. I am in dire need of assistance with this as this server is part of a cluster that controls our School District Student Information System and is used by thousands of employees daily.

fjones
Level 2

I have a solution from Symantec Support. Here is the procedure that allowed my image to run on my cluster servers last night:

1. Perform a full registry backup-Precautionary.

2. Create a .reg file with the following text in the body and execute it on the problem servers so that the change is entered in the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SymSnap\Parameters]

"AllowClusDisk"=dword:00000001

Please post and let me know if this works for you!