cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC950007: Driver Injection failed...

Piotr_Dobrogost
Level 2
Hi

System: Windows Vista Home Premium x64
RAID controller: 3ware 9650SE-2LP
Norton Ghost version: 12.0.4.26321
Symantec Recovery Disk: NGH12.0-SRD

Problem description:
At the end of creating custom Symantec Recovery Disk with drivers for my raid controller included I get Error EC950007: Driver Injection failed...

Thank you in advance for helping me to solve this problem as Symantec Technical Support (both english speaking from...India and polish speaking from...Greece) is useless. They know nothing about products they are supposed to support!

Best regards,
Piotr Dobrogost
POLAND
5 REPLIES 5

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
This error is often caused when a 64-bit driver has been provided rather than a 32-bit driver when using the SRD wizard. The Recovery environment is only 32-bit and such would need the 32-bit VISTA/2003 driver for the 3ware 9650SE-2LP controller. Though the SRD boots into the 32-bit enabled 64-bit system, it will be able to successfully restore a 64-bit recovery point image file.

Piotr_Dobrogost
Level 2
David

Thank you for replaying. I hope that would be the beginning of some progress as I haven't got any response from Symantec Tech Support since I rised this problem ONE MONTH ago. I just can't believe such a company can still exist on the market...

As to your suggestion;
I'm aware of the situation you described so when I create custom SRD (which is 32bit environment)
I use separate 32bit drivers and not these (64bit) being used by OS.

Any other suggestions?

Piotr_Dobrogost
Level 2
Any other suggestions?

Piotr_Dobrogost
Level 2

David

Any other suggestions?

Regards

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Very little is on this specific error, and is mostly seen when as the beginning of this thread has stated that a 64-bit driver is attempted to be added either in the custom recovery disk wizard or in the LightsOut configuration wizard. Does this happen on all systems you try creating a custom recovery CD from; if you close out of the program when you get the error and immediately re-launch it does it allow you then to create the custom recovery CD; do you still see this issue with the wizard now using 8.5?