cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error converting to Virtual HD on Windows Server 2008

freitasm
Level 3
I've started a conversion to Microsoft Virtual Server VHD format, and go an error:

Date: 5/9/2008 12:40:02 PM

Notification Type: Error

Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F1F48: The conversion process could not be completed. Error EC8F1F45: Cannot convert image file. Error EBAB03EE: Operating System API [RegistryOperations::GetInfoFromRegistry]  RegQueryValueExW( TARGET_HIVE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\New Zealand Standard Time, Index ) failed. Error EBAB03F1: The system cannot find the file specified.

Details: 0xEBAB03EE

This is running Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

AJT
Level 6
On PC you wish to convert to virtual, change your time zone via the clock to another time zone, then change back to your original time zone. Then take new back up and P2V. Let us know if this works.

freitasm
Level 3
Thanks, this worked fine after changing timezone and back again.

Cheers

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
A technote is in the process of being created on this error, do we have people who have followed the steps from this thread where it did not work for 2k8, are others getting this error with other versions then 2k8 where the steps did work with that OS/SP...thanks

Robbiedoes
Level 3

@DAVID F:

Hi, I'm getting the same errorcodes exept the 0xEBAB03EE. See my thread: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=besr_virtualization&message.id=104

No luck by changing time zone settings. Any help will be appreciated.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
See if restoring/converting without running the mini-setup makes a difference?