cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular Restore of Exchange 2010 SP1 Personal Archives only shows Personal Folders

Jack_Fromm
Level 2

I am testing BESR 2010 9.0.2 against an Exchange 2010 SP1 server and am having a slight issue with the Granular Restore option on Personal Archive files.  The issue is when I mount the recovery points of the archive database and look at the users' archive mailboxes, it only shows a single "Personal Folders" icon for the mailbox, no individual folders (screenshot attached).  When I mount the recovery point for the regular mail database for these users, I do see all of their folders.  I have tried this with both independent recovery points and recovery point sets.  Same result.

I can restore the entire archived mailbox and it does have all the folders and messages in it, but I don't get the choice to inspect the contents before restoring the whole thing.

In Exchange, I created a separate online archive database from the regular mail database but on the same drive and storage group as Exchange. 

I saw a similar post about this issue on this forum but it was over a year ago.  The poster said he was going to open a case with Symantec but I don't know if he ever did.

Is this a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Jack,

Yes, I got this confirmed. Unfortunately granular recovery of personal archives is not currently supported. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm fairly certain that GRO does not currently support personal archives in Exchange 2010.

I'm checking on this and will post back here once I get this confirmed.

Jack_Fromm
Level 2

Chris, thanks for agreeing to check into this.  Any word yet on whether personal archives are not officially supported?

We're going into production with Exchange 2010 anyway.  As long as we can restore an entire archive, it will not be a showstopper, but it would be nice if we could do a true "granular" restore.

Jack

criley
Employee Accredited

Jack,

Yes, I got this confirmed. Unfortunately granular recovery of personal archives is not currently supported. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.