cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to always make full backups every night??

TomMLS
Level 5
After being away on vacation for a week, I discovered that BESR 7.x is making incremental backups every night instead of full backups, which is what I expected and wanted.

How do I make BESR 7.x always make a full backup image every night of all the drives I specify??

Thank you, Tom
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

If you are only looking to create full backups, then this could be as easy as creating a backup job that only performs full backups and scheduling it as desired.

Thanks.

TomMLS
Level 5
That is what I thought I did...until I saw in the servers' event logs that incremental backups were created.

Is there some special way to tell BESR that I want full backups every night??

There is something in the settings where one specifies weekly, quarterly, etc. -- 'Start a new recovery point set' -- would I set this to every day as a custom setting instead of weekly, monthly, etc.??

Thanks, Tom

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

When first creating a backup job, you are asked to specify the backup type.  Your choices are:

1.  Recovery point set
2.  Independant recovery point

If you only want the backup job to create "full" backups each time, then you would choose option 2.  The term "recovery point set" is basically equivalent to "incremental backup job".

Thanks.