cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Subdirectories I don't want

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
Originally Livestate defaulted to putting all of your backups in one directory, and BESR defaults to putting them in subdirectories for each machine.  When I go in to edit the backup, I cannot change this parameter.  So I deleted and re-created the backup job, and un-checked the box to use subdirectories, and it still creates them.

Any suggestions to a fix?

tia, Jim
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Un-checking the associated box when creating a backup job should disable individual folders being created for each machine to which the backup job is assigned.

I will look into this.

Thanks.

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
Hello Bill.  Yes I thought so too.  The job is not checked, but I just added another computer to the backup job and ran it and it created the directory.  It's not consistent as I have had a couple computers not create the directories.

I think its important to note: These are computers that had 6.02 on them and I had to do the removal and reinstall to get 7.0 onto the system.  I'm also putting these computers in groups and assigning these computers to the backup jobs.  (I thought I was supposed to assign the group a backup job and all computers got that job from the group?  This doesn't seem to work as I still must manually assign the backup Job to the computer.)

Thanks, Jim

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

That sounds odd.  I'll see if we've had any other reports of this anomalous behavior.

Thanks.