cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know Offsite copy is finished

Calou
Level 4

Hello,

How can i do to know if the offsite copy is finished?

Regards

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

Go to Advanced --> Event Log. I believe it should be listed there.

Calou
Level 4

Yes it is listed but there is no information about the status.

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

It should show that it is complete - is this true?

What else do you need to know?

Calou
Level 4

Here is what i have. If i clic on the offsite copy 07/04/2012 the green check appear but if i want to restore data with the offsite copy it doesn't work

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

This is not quite the same as what you originally asked.

I don't believe you can restore directly from an offsite copy. Obviously if the offsite location (i.e. USB) is not available, it wouldn't work anyway..

Calou
Level 4

I would be very surprised if i could not restore data with offsite copy!

There is an other point is that the size of data in my offsite copy is 116G instead of 700G so i suppose that the copy is not finished but where can I monitor it? 

criley
Employee Accredited

You CAN restore data from your offsite copy - I'm just not sure you can do it directly from within the UI in the same way you can for the recovery points in your primary backup destination.

You should be able to use the system tray icon to monitor the progress. If this is not enabled, go to Tasks/Options/Tray Icon.

Calou
Level 4

All is checked in Tasks/Options/Tray icon. Because the size is very different i think that the copy is not finished and the modified time of the last file is 11/04/2012 1:00 am (this night)

criley
Employee Accredited

If the tray icon is now visible, you should be able to hover your mouse over it and it should tell you how far the offsite copy has got - assuming it is still running of course.

Calou
Level 4

Here is what i have. All seems to be good but i am sure that the offsite is not completed