cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start image file sequence over?

kidtriton
Level 3
I set up BESR on my first (of many) severs, and did a few test runs.  It creates  servername_C_Drive_001.v2i , ....._002.v2i, ....._003.v2i, etc. each time a new recovery point set is started.  Once I got the hang of everything, I installed it on several other servers and wanted to delete what I had from the first server and have it start back at 001 again with the rest of the servers.  I tried everything I could think of, I even played around with deleting certain files from the c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\symantec\....   folder.  I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall the whole product, as i ran out of time to mess with it. 

Could someone tell me how to 'reset' the recovery point count back to 001? 

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I believe, but am not 100% sure, that this information is linked to the history files (*.PQH) created by BESR 7.0.  Have you tried stopping the BESR service, deleting these history files, and re-starting the service?

With BESR 7.0, the default location for the history files is:

"\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\History"

Thanks.

kidtriton
Level 3
I just tried that and it still kept up with the sequence.  Could you check into this further?