cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a few question about BESR 2010 version

dst1000
Level 3
I used to use a product long time ago called V2i. I believe it was an old version of the BESR. I want to know if I get the new version 2010 do I need to install BESR on the computer that I need to take image of or I can install BESR onto another server and then push the agent to the server that I need to backup of. I am reading the documentation and I am getting the impression from the documentation that I need to install BESR on every server that I need take image of, instead of just having an agent on each box. Is this true? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

No problem. Please mark as solved then - thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

You need BESR on every server in order to back them up. However, you can deploy the agent (aka headless/GUI-less client) remotely - you just need one server that has the full BESR client installed in order to be able to do this. You can then use this server as your central management tool to manage all those remote backups.

Hope that helps.

dst1000
Level 3
Yes, that is what exactly was looking for.  Thanks a million.

David Tabib

criley
Employee Accredited

No problem. Please mark as solved then - thanks.

Symanticus
Level 6
ok, so in this case the license is actually only counts for the backup agent, while the management server is not needed ?

eg. 1 Mgmt server - Full GUI install + 1 agent in target server --> one license is enough ?