cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Backup Jobs

Fred_G
Not applicable
After each reboot of my server (Windows Server 2003 sp2), I lose all of my backup jobs.

When I try to define a new Recovery Point, the option is grayed out. I must then manually delete the history files to be able to create a Recovery Point job.

Any suggestions.

BTW, I had this error in BESR v7 and now in BESR v8.

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Check and see if the management control option was ever installed in add and remove programs. If so remove both it and the current install of BESR. If not, still uninstall BESR using Add & remove programs using the MSCONFIG utility to first clean-boot the system by shutting down all non essential services and startup items. In this startup state, install BESR, reboot- staying in this clean boot startup state, and se if you can setup a job, leave the console, go back into the console, and then re-enter/modify a job. If successful use the msconfig utility’s GENERAL | Normal Startup option to leave the clean-boot state and try again under normal startup if you are able to successfully edit the backup job. Backup jobs are XML coded files generated by the BESR console that relies upon DCOM and .NET 2.0 Framework properly working and not restricting the windows system account or the currently login user from accessing and creating such files in the document and settings sub-directory. If restrictions are placed on these accounts, these services, or the documents and settings sub-directory then you’ll likely have issues creating backup jobs.