cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Stand-Alone Domain Controller, Active Directory and Exchange 2003 Standard Edition SP3 Server to New Server

Jose_S___Newark
Level 3

Hello,

I will need to migrate our Stand-Alone Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server SP2 onto a new server. This Server is a single Domain Controller with Active Directory and is running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition. I perform daily system state backups using both Windows backup and Backup Exec 2010. I also perform full VSS backup and commands to stop and start exchange services prior to snapshop creation of images.

I will be using Symantec System Recovery 2011 Server Edition with the dissimilar hardware function enabled to perform the migration. I will appreciate it if anyone can give me any information I should be aware of before I perform the migration.

Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

1. Perform Independent Backup of the System of all the drives in one job using SSR 2011. Make sure you have the Licensed version of SSR 2011 as Restore Anywhere Option (RAO) is not supported if you don't have a licensed version of SSR 2011

2. Boot the new system with the SRD and use the RAO function to perform the restore to a new system with new h/w

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87092

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

1. Perform Independent Backup of the System of all the drives in one job using SSR 2011. Make sure you have the Licensed version of SSR 2011 as Restore Anywhere Option (RAO) is not supported if you don't have a licensed version of SSR 2011

2. Boot the new system with the SRD and use the RAO function to perform the restore to a new system with new h/w

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH87092

Jose_S___Newark
Level 3

Thanks for the response Neer. I do have a Licensed version of SSR 2011. Sounds simple enough.

Regards