cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Connections to Backup Destination

milfner
Level 2

My Symantec System Recovery has not been working recently. I was using 2010, since tried installing 2011 and its doing the exact same thing on both.

When I create a new job set, the initial recovery point works. Then, every increment after fails because it says that multiple connections to the server exist.

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\).
    Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.
        Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\192.168.0.26\public.
            Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

This above error is what happens frequently, the two errors below have only happened once off. I am using an Iomega ixd200 storecenter NAS as the backup destination. I have rebooted the NAS and after doing so it has "sometimes" fixed SRS for once increment run only, then it goes back to the above error, BUT other times a reboot of the NAS wont fix it at all.

These two errors below have only occurred once.
--Unable to write to file.
---Error EBAB03F1: The specified network name is no longer available.
---Unable to set file size.
----Error EBAB03F1: An unexpected network error occurred.

(UMI:V-281-2001-31)

When trying to remove old recovery poitns from the recovery point manager i get this error:
-Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot delete the selected recovery points.
--Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\192.168.0.26\backups.
---Error EBAB03F1: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
----Success.

(UMI:V-281-429-47083)

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try to create a pre backup command and run net use * /d in the pre command script.

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Check this:

It's a know issue and there are few workarounds that you can try.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163260

Let me know if this helps

milfner
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply, i have been busy. Thank you for your replies and interest.

First off, Markus Koestler post. before setting up this batch, i ran this in CMD and after release the network connections i ran System recovery job and it failed again, so i never bothered with the batch. I have tried running it a couple of times in the past few days and now I am getting the below error where its crashing. This is happening more frequently as opposed to the general multiple network connection error i was previously getting, although i still get the original error.

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    vproconsole.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    10.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    4d65f387
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4d8c19ca
  Problem Signature 07:    27bb
  Problem Signature 08:    9c
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.305.9
  Locale ID:    3081

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

It seems to be vprosonsole.exe that is crashing. 

NeedThadarai, I checked your URL, I tried manually restarting the service and then running the job again, which gave me the above error and caused the program to crash.

milfner
Level 2

Thanks but i have fixed this issue by changing vendor. Problem solved.

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

milfner what do you mean by changing the vendor ?

Please share the information here.

Thanks.