cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Ghost 14 Installation Issues!

hammerhead13
Not applicable

When I am attempting to Install Ghost 14 on some of my PCs I get a Error message right after the Validating Install process. I have a bunch of PCs and they are all set up the same. They all have Ghost 12 on them and I did not have to uninstall Ghost 12 first. I did try uninstalling Ghost 12 on some of the PCs getting this error but I have had to change. Has anyone seen this error before and know how to correct it? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It appears the install is having difficulties reading/writing a specific *.DLL file from off the Norton Ghost 14 CD; have you been able to successfully install Norton Ghost 14 from this specific product CD before– is this happening on all machines with this or any Norton Ghost 14 CD that you have? Does copying the contents of the CD to a local sub-folder on the hard disk drive of the client itself makes any difference in whether or not it can be installed? Does uninstalling Norton Ghost 12 first, rebooting, then installing help? Does these client system have security software installed that might be preventing this install from occurring; are you able to disable it and try the install again?