cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create a usable SRD on Dell Optiplex 755

BrianEdwards
Level 2
Hello,

I am hitting a dead-end with regard to creating a viable System Recovery Disk on a Dell Optiplex 755 machine.  I have searched several forums and tried the suggested solutions, including manually loading the Broadcom 57XX drivers, creating a custom SRD from the BESR Desktop (both using automatic driver discovery and manual selection) and still I continue to run into the following error message:

Process 'The pipe is being closed' reported an error executing the required operation.

The error occurs when attempting to configure network settings.  (i.e. if I load the disk without network services, I can start network services without error, but when I try to configure the network settings, the error rears its ugly head).  If I attempt to load the SRD with network services, the error occurs while trying to auto-assign a network address.

Interestingly, I have no problem when doing this on a Dell Optiplex 745 machine.  I created a custom SRD, automatically retrieved the missing drivers and viola!

Any suggestions on how to get the SRD working on an Optiplex 755 would be most appreciated.  Note:  I'm able to create an image on the 755 without issue.  I just can't get it back!
3 REPLIES 3

BrianEdwards
Level 2
Here's an update for anyone experiencing the "Process 'the pipe is being closed' reported an error executing the required operation" issue....

Simply download the Vista32 driver for the particular machine's NIC and "VOILA", I can configure network settings, map network drives, etc.

Two options when doing this:

1)  put the drivers on a flash drive and simply continue using the original SRD, loading the necessary drivers from the flash drive or...

2)  create a custom SRD and manually select the drivers to add to the disk.  (I prefer this method...less hassle).

Hope this helps.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What version of BESR are you using? (Help > About)

BrianEdwards
Level 2
Version 7.0.3.24709