cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Drive found to backup after Service restart

sep18
Level 2

The systems works very well before. We started a new backup job to a network drive - first time to a network drive. After 5% the job hangs and a cancel doesnt work. We restart the Backup Exec System Recovery Service succesful. After that if we start the GUI and

- there are no volumes for backup to choice
 - no backup jobs in the schedule ("Planning is updating ..." in german: "Planung wird aktualisiert...") and
 - the status bar at the bottom says "Drives reading ..." (or so it is in german "Datenträger werden eingelesen ...").

We dont have any error message. We think it could be a hanging VSS or so, but we want restart the services without any other opinion. We afraid, that the service wont start again or so. Its a critical problem and we dont wont restart the server before we have a new backup.

Really thanks for you help!

Sebastian

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Go for the restart, we also sometimes face this problem.

sep18
Level 2

Do you mean restart the server or the services? I dont want really restart the server without a new backup. Before I restart the server I will try to restart the SnapService or VSS. But in which order or which service could hang or is there an other problem or solution? 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

My experince with this is, that only a server restart clears the issue.

sep18
Level 2

Thank you Markus for your help. I see it as last option.

Could a Symantec Employee take a look on this problem?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

When you open a case with Symantec, yes.

sep18
Level 2

Yes, this case will cost 158€ and I will do this in the evening if no other has a solution.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates in here ?