cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or More Recovery Points are NOT available at their locations

nicolas_zafirio
Level 3

We have upgraded from V7 to the current V8.5 Recovery server. I keep getting the above error even though the jobs are backed-up. I have even deleted the previous jobs and generated new ones and i still get the error. Also for some unknown reason the system does NOT execute incremental backups - it does full backups only

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are your backups stored on the local machine, a USB drive or a network location?

Was 7.0 removed prior to the installation of 8.5?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are your backups stored on the local machine, a USB drive or a network location?

Was 7.0 removed prior to the installation of 8.5?

nicolas_zafirio
Level 3

Sorry, I pressed the wrong button. This isue is NOT resolved.

To answer your question, we output the backup to a networked storage device and this has ben succesful for 1.5 yrs now with both versions 6.5 and 7. Regarding your swcond query, the symantec installer prompted the deletion of v.7 which i accepted during installation. proceeded then wih rest of installation

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee

Please try the following and see if it corrects the issue:

Please note this will removed your backup jobs and remove your history.  You recovery points will not be altered.

1. Open the Windows Task Manager and switch the Processes tab
  2. End the VProTray.exe process and close Task Manager
  3. Open the Windows Services management console and stop the Backup Exec System Recovery service
  4. In Windows Explorer Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
  5. Open the History folder and copy the files inside to another location or delete the files inside
  6. Go back to the Symantec folder and open the Schedule folder and copy the files inside to another location or delete the files inside
  7. Back in the Windows Services management console start the Backup Exec System Recovery service
  8. Open Backup Exec System Recovery and recreate and run your jobs.