cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin for BartPE

Keng_Seng_Chee
Level 3
Can i have a poll of how many Symantec Livestate Recovery Server users would like to have a Recovery plugin for BartPE. With enough numbers, we could pressure Symantec into releasing one. It's very frustruating to ask and wait for Symantec to come up with a purpose built CD for you everytime a new server comes into the environment.

My last DR excercise with the recoveryCD was a flop all because of the missing drivers. Hitting F6 to load a driver don't work on my Dell PE1950 server as the WINPE from Symantec RecoveryCD is bult using a XP kernel and simply won't accept the Server Raid drivers. We finally got around the problem by using the RAID drivers written for workstation using the same RAID card. That is after a long exhausive google search for the problem.

Why can't Symantec learn a thing or two from Acronis. Why can't Symantec release a Recovery Plugin for BartPE? That way, i can purpose built all the drivers i'm using in my environment. I'm tempting to switch over to Acronis and not wait for Symantec. I just cannot afford to miss that RTO deliverables. Moreover, theres a central console for all the servers running Acronis. Symantec.. You better wake up to the challengers!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Carlos_Arras
Level 3
That's a good punch!!

I just came backup from a Symantec, "sales pitch," event and they are telling future customer about how great System Recovery is. Yeah, until they fix the bugs.

Ingenieria_Sist
Not applicable
Keng,

I'm requesting the plugin every time I talk to any Symantec representative. Today, one of them showed us a preview of v7. It doesn't include BartPE support but has a new CD creator where you can introduce new drivers as needed. I agree with you about it is not the same as a full BartPE integration, because there are no way to include additional recovery tools.

I'll keep trying to obtain a plugin or documentation to include this product into BartPEs recovery CDs.

Regards.

Interceptor
Not applicable
I agreee with everyone here. Acronis provides a free Bartpe Plugin with the trueimage product. It just makes sense do follow suit. I am probably going to attempt a build myself if Symantec does not make a plugin. Got it working with LSR 6.x. I'll keep everyone posted.

BPL5000
Not applicable
I actually have created a plugin for Backup Exec System Recovery for BartPE.  I have asked in the 911cd.net forum if anyone is interested.  Let me know if you are still interested and I will post the plugin here...