I'm currently trialling this software across a number of my Small Business Server Client Sites. In most cases it's working quite well, I'm getting an Initial Complete Backup, copying to our Remote Data Centre via USB Disk and then configuring offsite to work correctly.
Most SBS Sites only have between 2-300mb of "Changed Files" on a Daily basis so the transfer/upload of these files to Data Centre occurs reasonably promptly.
However one of my sites continually has something like 2.5-3GB Daily Incremental Backups which simply cannot be uploaded on their interenet connection.
What I'm trying to determine is what files are actually changed/backed up in this incremental backup. Obviously something is causing this larger incremental backup on a Daily Basis compared to my other client sites.
(Overall Complete Data File is only 43GB.... 3GB Daily seems like a massive Incremental Difference.)
What type of backups are you using, File and Folder or Recovery Points?
I'm going to suggest the following but would appreciate some feedback from anyone else who knows whether or not this is correct:
If a user has a .pst (or .ost) file that is 500MB and he opens outlook one time throughout the day, "file and folder" style incremental backups will need to backup that entire file. Block level backups, such as BESR recovery point backups, would only backup the changed "blocks" for that file.
I've completed some further research and the files causing the issues are the .CI Files in the System Volume Information Folder. For some reason these are being backed up fully each time... not on a Block Level/Changed Level.
I've disabled Drive Indexing to see if that resolves the issue.
Sorry. Looks like you were on the right track with the indexing idea. I was thinking you had XP. To be honest, I didn't realize that System Volume Information can hold anything but restore points.