cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove old backup destination with System Recovery 2011

droth1187
Level 2

Hey everyone,

we are using Symantec System Recovery 2011 and we swapped out a NAS that was going bad and replaced with a new one. After searching through the management console for an hour I cannot find a way to remove the old backup destinations. I tried researching it on Google and could only find ways that do not apply to the product I am using. I am sure it is right infront of my face (cannot see why they would make it difficult to do so.) Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

This should help:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153587

droth1187
Level 2

When I open Symantec System Recovery 2011 I do not have a Manage task screen like the directions say to click. I have Home, Status, Tasks, Tools, Advanced.

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, so you are not using the management solution then? Based on the below comment you made, I had assumed you were using it:

After searching through the management console

You need to go to TOOLS/Manage Backup Destination. From there you can remove/move your recovery points and then delete the destination.

Hope that helps.

droth1187
Level 2

Not sure where I can use the Management Solution, do not see it as an option under Start|All Programs

Unfortunatly when I go to Manage Backup Destinations and try and remove the old recovery points it says it has removed them but because the destination is no longer available it could not delete them 100% so they just sit there with Blue ? marks and theres no option to just remove the destination completely. I appreciate your help.

droth1187
Level 2

is the Management Solution and extra or something? We just have the System Recovery dashboard nothing called Management Solution

criley
Employee Accredited

The management solution is basically a separate product that works alongside your SSR clients.It's a central management solution for large environments.