cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Incremental Changes Only

Matthew_Woods
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I have restored a full recovery point from a production server to a test server, and since this time have 4 or 5 days of incremental backups from the production server. I would now like to recover or "replicate" these 4-5 days of changes to the test server.

Is there anyway to restore only these incremental changes, without restoring the original recovery point (which has already previously been restored), either through the recovery CD or through the Recovery Point Browser?

Thanks,

Matthew

Message Edited by Matthew Woods on 07-18-200702:14 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

The best practice suggestion would probably be to select the newest incremental when originally restoring the image.  When performing a restoration of a full volume, you can select the base image or any incremental in the chain.

There isn't a way to only restore incremental changes, as the incremental backups are segments of the same "chain", so to speak, and are not stand alone backups.

You can however manually mount a backup, or open it in Recovery Point Browser, and manually restore individual file/folder components.

Let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

Thanks.

Matthew_Woods
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Thanks Bill. When manually mounting a recovery point, are you able to search the files based on date modified?

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Yes.  When you mount a recovery point (right click > mount) you are first asked to select a drive letter.  After a few seconds, the recovery point is mounted and it appears as any other Windows volume, and is subject to being interracted with in the same manner.

Opening the drive letter associated with the mounted volume displays the recovery point contents as any other volume or directory in Windows.

Thanks.