cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored Server reboots during Sysprep

Kerry-David
Level 2
I've successfully restored a win2ksp4 Compaq Proliant ML370 G2 image to a Proliant ML350. The reboot process launches sysprep as expected however, when it reaches the prompt to decide if you want to have the server become a member of the domain, whatever option I take inevitably causes a reboot only to repeat the process.

I tried verifying the image during a second recovery attempt and observed the same sequence of events.

I also tried doing a Windows Repair which caused a similar problem. It would get to the point of recognizing that Terminal Services was already installed. Moving beyond that point was not an option - the system would then freeze.

I know there's nothing wrong with the target server because I have since loaded the OS from scratch without err.

Is it possible that the problem lies with the target only having one logical volume, as opposed to the two volumes on the source?

Or, do I need to try the -DED switch for Restore Anywhere?

Regards,
David
4 REPLIES 4

AJT
Level 6
Try with -DED, also take a look in the Windows folder at the setup logs.

Kerry-David
Level 2
Thanks, I'll try again with -DED switch. What might I expect to look for in the windows setup folder?

Regards
David

AJT
Level 6
Take a look at the setupact.log, setupapi.log, setuperr.log, setuplog.txt for errors or warnings.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
You can also use the BESR 8.5's option to not run the minisetup wizard. Hold down the SHIFT key when selecting the Restore anyware option; deselect the run minisetup option.