cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 Server 60-day evaluation license

composites
Not applicable

We're testing Symantec System Recovery 2011 to see if it is something we wish to work with.  The specific test we have is a restore to dissimilar hardware that Backup Exec IDR can't handle.  We installed the backup software on the server as an evaluation installation with no issues, and were able to make the first backup.

We then booted another server from the Recovery Disk, and we are asked for a license code.  What code?  There doesn't appear to be any 'I'm evaluating' option.  The download link states that the software is 'fully functional', and that we should 'simply' burn the .iso file to a CD, which we did.  Did we miss something?

If there is no way to do a test restore, then there is really no way for us to evaluate the product and to see if it can handle situations where the BE IDR option won't work.  If that is the case, it would be nice if the download link explicitly stated such.  If that is not the case, some help with how to get past the license code request on the boot disk during an evaluation period would certainly be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm not 100% sure on this so I need to check. I know that you cannot do cold backups via the recovery disk in evaluation mode but not sure about restore anyware.

Can you confirm:

1. Where did you download the recovery disk from?

2. At what point during the restore process are you prompted for a license?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I did some testing and the RestoreAnyware will not work if the image being restored was created with an unlicensed version on SSR.

ncoday
Level 3
Employee

I would recommend contacting the Symantec Sales Team at either 1-800-745-6054 or leadsmanagement@symantec.com

They can put you in touch with a Sales representative who should be able to assist you with evaluating SSR 2011 for Servers.