cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 not copying sv2i files to off site drives (intermittently)

NeeshSolutions
Level 2

Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 server which we use System Recovery 2011 for our backup solution.  We backup to an a primary USB hard drive, and then to two off-site USB drives using the built in features of the software.  Everything works fine, except that occasionally the .sv2i file does not copy to the off sites drives.  It always copies to the primary backup media, but the off-site drives it only copies on occasion, and I haven't been able to pinpoint a reason.  It seems like a simple file to copy (small size).

This also happened on our previous version of BESR 2010.

I just discovered we need to install SP1 for SSR 2011 which may or may not fix the issue but considering it has always been an issue with us, I'm going to go ahead and see if this is a known problem or not anyways.

Thank you for any help that can provided...

David

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm not aware of this issue. Is it only the .sv2i file that fails to copy to the offsite location? Can I assume the recovery points themselves (.v2i/.iv2i) copy every time?

Please check and see if SP1 helps with this issue.

Let us know how you get on..

NeeshSolutions
Level 2

Hi Chris,

Yes, it is only the sv2i file.  The recovery points copy fine everytime.  I will be honest, I haven't checked this in a while since I run a Scheduled Task to copy the file every night to the off site drive but I will check when the backups run to see if it is copying.

I checked tonight and it did copy the file to offsite immediately after copying the recovery points.  Maybe this was resolved in Service Pack 1 which I had installed after my original post.

I know, not the best troubleshooting method but I desperately needed to make sure my offsites were getting the file.

Thanks for the response...

Dave

criley
Employee Accredited

I'll see if I can reproduce this here with SSR 2011 SP1.

Will post back once I've tested this for a few days.

criley
Employee Accredited

I've been testing with SSR 2011 SP1 and it seems to be copying the sv2i file every time.

Please post back here if you continue to have issues with SP1.