cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 Monitor - unable to add clients

jeepdc1
Level 2

Having trouble with the SSR 2013 Monitor.  After adding a host I always get a "Connection Failed" message.  I have the firewall temporarily disabled, UAC disabled, and simple file sharing disabled.  The domain account is unlocked and the password is valid.  The machine is Vista Ultimate 32bit.  The SSR 2013 agent is on the same machine as the monitor.  I'm evaluating the software right now.

Thank you for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jeepdc1
Level 2

Thanks for your guidance.  I was able to get it to work by configuring the SSR service to run as a domain account.   I'm playing around more so I can get this functional with the highest security settings.

Does anyone know if SSR writes errors to a log file or the Windows application log?  It does not seem to.  

So far, I'm not impressed with the documentation for SSR.  It is very incomplete. 

--

Doug

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here:https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ssr-2013-monitor-and-windows-7-clients

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

SSR has a logfile under %allusersprofile%\symantec\symantec system recovery\logs or so.

May I ask you to mark this post as solved then?

jeepdc1
Level 2

Thanks for your guidance.  I was able to get it to work by configuring the SSR service to run as a domain account.   I'm playing around more so I can get this functional with the highest security settings.

Does anyone know if SSR writes errors to a log file or the Windows application log?  It does not seem to.  

So far, I'm not impressed with the documentation for SSR.  It is very incomplete. 

--

Doug

jeepdc1
Level 2

Thank you for the info.  I found the SSR monitor log file.  SSR itself write to the Windows Application log but the Monitor only write to the log file.