cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 crashes on start

Miki_Watts
Level 3

I recently bought SSR 2013 as a replacement to Ghost. When I try to start the main application, it immediatly crashes. Here's the error details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    vproconsole.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    11.0.2.49853
  Problem Signature 03:    52ad322c
  Problem Signature 04:    System
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.34238
  Problem Signature 06:    53e450ed
  Problem Signature 07:    3df4
  Problem Signature 08:    127
  Problem Signature 09:    System.Security.Security
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1037
  Additional Information 1:    6927
  Additional Information 2:    69273a24a9cb7d177930f4f31a774b25
  Additional Information 3:    3e8e
  Additional Information 4:    3e8e42f56f017ac95fd1e7d33ab52688

I've tried restarting and running as Administrator, but it didn't help. I've tried opening a ticket with technical support from the links in the FAQ, but I didn't get any kind of response at all.

Can someone help me with this or direct me to somewhere that I can get technical support ?

8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited

I've tried restarting and running as Administrator, but it didn't help. I've tried opening a ticket with technical support from the links in the FAQ, but I didn't get any kind of response at all.

Did you manage to open a support case? If yes, please provide the case number.

What operating system are you running?

I can see you have SSR 2013 SP2. Are you able to upgrade to 2013 R2? (you may be entitled to a free upgrade). Details here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH225253

Miki_Watts
Level 3

I've received emails about opening two case numbers, 07586037 and 07595514, but nothing else.

I bought it about 1 1/2 months ago, so I guess so ? Where do I download the R2 version ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Both of those cases were closed due to them being 'blank' (no company or contact details provided). Not sure what happened there.

I would recommend that you contact our customer care team to a) check what went wrong with the above cases you opened and b) check to see if you are entitled to a free upgrade to R2 (by the way, there is no guarantee that R2 will fix the problem but I believe you should try it, assuming you can get a free upgrade).

Customer Care contact details are here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

Miki_Watts
Level 3

I filled out all the details in the cases when I've opened them, and I did get a confirmation email back, so there was at least my email in there.

I'll check with the customer care team. Does the customer care team have an email? I see only a phone number in the link.

criley
Employee Accredited

Not sure about an email address. If I find out, I will let you know.

Any reason you cannot phone in?

Miki_Watts
Level 3

I just prefer email rather than having to wait on the phone, and it's easier to explain the issue in writing.

criley
Employee Accredited

I checked with someone in our customer care team. You will have to call in so that your portal account can be registered correctly. Once this is done, you should be able to create a support case without issues.

You should also be able to verify if you are entitled to a free upgrade at the same time.

Miki_Watts
Level 3

Alright, thanks.