cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR2011 Management Suite - Is this restricted to full image backup management only?

KAC
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have a client with Altiris 6.9 - he is upgrading to 7.1 and will lose the Recovery Suite functionality (EOL).  He is looking to replace it with SSR2011 or BE DLO - the issue is, he is backing up 100+ PGP encrypted laptops.  From what I read, DLO would give him a similar look/feel to RS, and BESR/SSR has some issues with PGP (as does DLO).  I want to provide a balanced view to the client, 100+ laptops across the WAN completing full disk images may not be the solution if I use SSR2011 MS

TIA

Keith C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you looking to do full machine/volume backups or just specific files/folders? if the latter, you should be aware that you cannot do central management using SSR of file/folder level backups.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you looking to do full machine/volume backups or just specific files/folders? if the latter, you should be aware that you cannot do central management using SSR of file/folder level backups.

KAC
Level 3
Partner Accredited

That was the answer I needed - I know historically that BESR MS would not back up files/folders, allied to the fact that SSR2011 MS is not recommended to use with encrypted drives, everything points towards DLO as the way ahead for the client.

Thanks for your answer Chris