cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled backup didn't run

Dave_T1239
Level 3

I am a new user to SSR13 (formerly a long time user of Backup Exec).  I scheduled a backup to run last night, and it didn't run.  It is now saying it will run tonight.  Everything seems to be in order.  I can't find any error messages anywhere.

Also - can you tell me what (if anything) I need to do to ensure backups are suitable for a disaster recovery restore?  It is unclear to me as to whether or not these backups are image backups that could do a full restore, or whether or not there might be issues due to open files at the time of the backupi.

23 REPLIES 23

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks. I'll get back to you on this...

Dave_T1239
Level 3

I'm attaching a screenshot of the restore error "EA390013: At the end of something"

This happened when the restore almost finished.  At the time the error happened, the progress dialog said "Moving data from unused area.".

Dave_T1239
Level 3

I should also say that I am doing this restore into a VMWare VM (running on the same machine as the backup machine).  The drive backed up had 334GB used out of a 1TB disk - so the computer backed up had 334GB of space used.  The VMWare VM was configured with a 500GB drive, set to grow as needed.  When the restore finished, and it was "moving data from unused area", the vmdk file for the VM was 341GB, and there was 171GB left on the physical drive that the VMDK resides on.

So it doesn't seem like it could have run out of space, but I thought this might be relevant.

criley
Employee Accredited

Based on the calculations here (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126288), you would need 500GB minimum. I would recommend trying again with a virtual disk of 600GB to see if it helps.

I doubt this is related to lack of space (although the above is worth a try) as you should have received an 'invalid disk' message before the restore started if space was an issue

If this does not help, the restore logs would need to be reviewed. This is not something that can be done via the forums though - it would need a formal support case.