cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent install

wayne26
Not applicable
Hi, I'm currently running system recovery version 7 and trying to find out how to do a silent install (unattanded) does anyone have any idea how to do this or point me in the direction of the documention on this.
Cheers WayneSmiley Happy
8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
I did it this way:

Agent only:
setup.exe /s /v"/qb PQPUSH=Y REBOOT=R ADDLOCAL=Agent,Shared,BESRSecurityShortCut,LiveUpdate"

Recovery Console only:
setup.exe /s /v"/qb PQAGENT=N PQCONSOLE=N PQBROWSER=Y REBOOT=R ADDLOCAL=Browser,BESRBrowserShortCut"

Full Installation:
setup.exe /s /v"/qb\! PQPUSH=1 REBOOT=R"

GWhite
Level 3
I'm attempting to perform a SILENT UPGRADE from LiveState Recovery (LSR) 6.0.2 to Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 6.5.2.  No matter what syntax I try, I'm still getting a dialogue window that stops the silent install.  It is prompting me to select Yes or No.  The dialogue window states:

If you intend to upgrade or reinstall this product in the future, do you want to keep user data such as backup jobs, histories and command files?

I don't care if I keep the information or not, since I have a script that will come back after the installation and erase all of the jobs and then recreate them.

How do I get the SILENT UPGRADE to complete WITHOUT it prompting me?

Thank you

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

It sounds as though you're using "silent" mode switches, but you are still getting the window prompt for what to do with existing job/history files.

If that's the case, I wonder if you might be able to take advantage of a batch file available from Symantec support the performs an uninstall of the previous product version?

If you run the uninstall batch file just before your silent install command line, the install process might interpret the old version as no longer being present, preventing the window prompt about what to do with existing job/history files from appearing.

Thanks.

GWhite
Level 3
Yes, that's correct.  I'm using the "silent" mode switches.

I even tried to delete the following files before the upgrade, so it didn't know about the existing jobs/history.
.slf
.pqh
.pqj
Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Can you provide a link so I can download the uninstall script?

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

What is the older product version that is being replaced?  Is it BESR 6.5, or perhaps LSR 6.0?

Thanks.

GWhite
Level 3
LSR 6.0.2.13545 is currently installed.  We are upgrading to BESR 6.5.0.17171

Thanks

GWhite
Level 3
Are you able to provide a link?  I'd like to finish up my testing ASAP.

Thank you very much!

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

I'm trying to locate the batch file internally and get permission to post its contents here.  If you're in a hurry, I know these batch files can be obtained by opening a support ticket with Symantec.

Thanks.