Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition

Gourav_Soni
Level 2

Hi

We have purchased 70 Licences of SSR 2013 for Desktop Edition

We are having many queries regarding the SSR 2013 which are not resolved hence we are requesting symantec Developers to do some enhancement with this product

The queries are given as

1) We are not able to manage or schedule the File and Folder Level backup from the Management Console remotely however we are able to manage it independently on every system.It is taking lot of time to visit every user for the File and folder level backup for administrator

2) There is no scheduling of incremental backup  As per schedule given it is taking the full backup of specified folders and files on everyday.we want on every monday it will take full backup and on all others day it will take incremental backup because full backup is talking more time to be backed up resulting in the performance issue of the user system.Generally Incremental backup will take less time as compare to full backup.

3)When the files are opened or in use it will not backup that file and generate error and stop the backup at that point  or you can say it will not backup the files in use or opened while backup is going on or in progress

Overall we have no use of this product because it is not serving our file and folder level backup requirements.

Hence We are requesting symantec development team to accept the enhancement request of this product SSR 2013 for Desktop edition at File and Folder level.

Your quick response is highly appreciated on this issue

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please post your enhancement ideas here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Gourav_Soni
Level 2

Hi Markus

I have earlier posted this blog under enhancement idea section but i got a mail from Amy Johnson (Backup and Recovery Community Manager) that you should also  post your ideas and enhancemernt request in the "forum discussion" section. She said when it is in the forum discussion it will get many people who will respond and help you with your questions.

That is the only reason that i have posted it here as well.

The link of my earlier posted enhancement request for your knowledge is as under

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/symantec-system-recovery-2013-desktop-edition

Regards

Gourav Soni

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Just put my vote on your idea ! Hope I will get implemented in some future release !

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thank you for the feedback. This is on the list for enhancements.

Until then, can we assist getting volume backups working? Though the base image of a job is large, the incremental sizes are in relation to the amount of data changed since the last backup. The base or incremental can be opened and browsed through at any time, allowing you to extract files and folders out anytime. You likely already know all of this, but if we can help with the product the way it it currently, please let us know.

Mr_Khan
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Good suggestion can be implemented in upcomming release of SSR.