cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 - Offsite to USB Failing

AlexMitchell
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I am getting the following error with my offsite backup to USB.

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Offsite to USB.

Error ED800019: The recovery point file '\\127.0.0.1\offsite\D4RSBS2011_F_Drive014.v2i' could not be opened.
Error E7D1000E: Unable to open '//127.0.0.1/offsite/D4RSBS2011_F_Drive014.v2i'. It does not exist. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details: 
Source: Symantec System Recovery

I did find one article that i believed directly related to  this issue at ' http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130632 ' which suggests that the drive it is trying to back up to has compression enabled, But i can confirm that the drive does not have compression enabled.

The server on which the backups are taking place is running Windows Small Business Server 2011 standard and the Symantec version is Symantec System Recovery 2013 version 11.0.0.46600.

There is a scheduled task that is set to run each day which wipes the offsite USB drive, So i can confirm that the USB is blank and accesible through explorer.

In the offsite job, It is setup to backup to '\\127.0.0.1\Offsite\' , Which i can confirm that is browseable through explorer also and i can also confirm that 'Offsite' correctly maps to the USB drive on the server we're trying to back up to.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

For me it looks like the backup job is made up of full and incremental backups, right ? But as you delete the content of the offsite drive on a daily basis the full backup on which the incrementals are based on is not there any more.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

AlexMitchell
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have been working with Symantec directly over the last couple of weeks on this issue. It was finally resolved this morning. Sorry for the lack of response, Thanks for your help.

Alex.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you mind sharing the solution with us ?