cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Authentication Issue with NAS

jon3
Level 2

Hi,

I imagine this question has already been addressed before but Google / Bing searches have lead me on a wild goose chase, so I'm posting this question here in hopes of an easy resolution.

We're using Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 and we just installed a new Qnap NAS.  The environment is mixed Win7 / Win8 and some of the SSR clients have no issue authenticating with the NAS so that they can store backups there.  Roughly 35% of the client machines, though, can't authenticate correctly, no matter what login I use (e.g. domain\username : password, localusername : password, etc.).  Since it works on most of the machines, I feel confident my domain accounts and local accounts are setup correctly.  I even synced the passwords temporarily so I could side step the possiblity of a mistyped password.  The clients that won't authenticate with the new NAS will authenticate with an old failing Lacie NAS with a default local account of admin : admin, but they simply fail with every account I've tried with the new NAS.  I can't detect anything different between the windows 7 boxes that fail and the ones that suceed (same with the Win8 boxes).

Any clues would be appreciated, since I need to clean up our backup architeture as soon as I can.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

Is the NAS rejecting some of these clients because the maximum number of connections has been reached? Something to check on...

Other than that, the logs will need looking at - that will require a support case.