cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 and SSR-MS

TeleFragger
Level 5

ok so i have been waiting for SSR 2013 R2 to be supported on 7.5 SP1 and now it is.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH211862&actp=SUBSCRIPTION

so fired up my SIM and not asked to update SIM. I then go and look and still not supported. Anyone know the trick?

SIM.png

13 REPLIES 13

criley
Employee Accredited

Any reason why you did not update SIM? And have you downloaded the latest product listing file in SIM?

Those may contribute to this still showing as incompatible ....

TeleFragger
Level 5

didnt update sim? that is why I put the pic up. It didnt ask me to update SIM like it normally does and when I went to the web to DL it... it shows the same version. Is there a newer one?

criley
Employee Accredited

You had said 'and not asked to update SIM' so I read that to mean you had ignored the update request.

Anyway, looks like you are already running the latest version.

If you click on settings (top right corner), then click on 'Update now'. This will ensure you have latest product listing file for symantec_v2.pl.xml.zip.

Once that is done, try again.

Can you also confirm what version of SMP/SSR-MS you are trying to upgrade from.

TeleFragger
Level 5

well I ran through it and no change. Still not listed.

SIM-Settings.png

TeleFragger
Level 5

i cant install SSR-MS as you see in my first post... it wont let me as it says not supported.InstalledProducts.png

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you doing a NEW install of SMP and SSR-MS ?

TeleFragger
Level 5

SMP is installed as shown above. SSR-MS got uninstalled when i went to 7.5 SP1 as it said it had to. I let it then it wouldnt install as it said not compatible. Now the article stating SSR 2013 R2 SSR-MS now supports 7.5 SP1... and i cant seem to see it listed in SIM.

criley
Employee Accredited

I need to look into this. As it happens, I am currently building a new 2012 R2 server in order to install 7.5 SP1 and SSR-MS. I should be able to provide an update tomorrow.

Out of interest, when did you go to 7.5 SP1? And what operating system is this on?

TeleFragger
Level 5

it is on server 2008 r2 and did this when 7.5 first came out. Jumped on it then up to HF4 I think... and been waiting for a few months for SP1 support.

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, so it makes sense that you were prompted to remove SSR-MS as we have only added support for SP1 in the last few days.

I've installed 7.5 SP1 with HF4 here and everything is working fine so it looks like issue may be specific to your server. My guess is that there is something wrong with the product listing file but I could be wrong. I'd recommend you to open a case with support so this can be looked at in more detail. Feel free to refer the support engineer to this forum thread for reference.

TeleFragger
Level 5

very interesting... I checked and it still wouldnt allow me to install.

I called and placed a ticket. Once I got my callback we went in and it just worked.. weird. I am good so possibly it was just a timing deal as SSR-MS has just been supported, maybe a certain scheduled task needed to run or something. I have no clue just that it is working.

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

Strange. I really do not understand what happened here .... anyway, glad it's working now.

TeleFragger
Level 5

yes even the support tech was looking at my screenshots.. and they were showing not supported and then we went and it was working... weird..

now off to the next issue - that you replied too!!! hah