cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2013 problem cant see system drive

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi

i have just install the new System Recovery 2013 SBS edition on our SBS 2011 standard server, and i cant see my system drive c:/ in the program, so i cant backup it.

there is no problem with my data drive. I have uninstall and install it many time to see if that is the problem, BUT NO.

Please help me !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, Thanks for providing remote session. The issue has been resolved after shrinking and extending the c: drive. Please refer to technote: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68773 -Thanks, Pravin

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, Are C: and D: on 2 separate disks? -Thanks, Pravin

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

no its one disk in raid 5 with 2 pati.

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, Can you please execute smedump.exe and partinfo.exe from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Utility folder. The tools will generate 2 text files. Can you please attach those files here? Another workaround could be to resize/shrink the c: with small value and see if c: drive is enumerated -Thanks, Pravin

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

super, thanks

smiley

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

you can connect to it right now if you will see the problem.

i send you a attach fil with info.

thanks jan

Jan_Leono
Level 3
Hi Pravin have you look at it ??? thanks Jan

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, I'm not able to run team viewer on my machine. I'll share you webex link in this forums personal message. Please check for message in inbox. -Thanks, Pravin

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, Thanks for providing remote session. The issue has been resolved after shrinking and extending the c: drive. Please refer to technote: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68773 -Thanks, Pravin

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

no problem with the c drive but after we have made the change, we got problem with the other drive, it cant backup that drive now

please help again !!!

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, What is the error you are getting? -Thanks, Pravin

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

-Error E4F3000E: Snapshot failure while using Volume Shadow Copy Service. Please check application event log for VSS errors. Error code: EndCreateSnapshotSet (-2147212300).

(UMI:V-281-1267-14)

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee
Hi Jan, This looks VSS failure for particular drive. Please refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200584 for more details and solutions. -Thanks, Pravin

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

it still dosnt work every time it have made a backup of c:\ it wont take backup of e:\ , but if i restart the server it can take backup of e:\ , after that it take backup of c:\ and then it cant take backup of e:\ again.

please help me, i am going nuts !!!

Jan_Leono
Level 3

Hi Pravin

i am ready :)

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Jan ,

Please check if you have a third party application that conflicts with SSR and quises the VSS. Change the schedule of the application or SSR to get the issue resolved.

Thanks 

Tripti