cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating from 8.5 to 8.5.5

WhiteSh4rk
Level 2
Hello,

sorry for asking, but i can't find information on the official sites.

I own few versions of BESR 8.5. Is the "Update" to 8.5.5 free? Because under the Download-Section i don't find a "Service Pack Download" from 8.5 to 8.5.5 ?

Thank you for your information.

Yours sincerely,
Constantin
7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited
Yes, it's just a service pack so it is free. You should be able to run LiveUpdate and update to 8.5.5 that way (it will require a reboot).

Bob_Rutledge
Level 3
On my machines running 8.5.1 when I run live update, they do not find the SP. Any suggestions?

Bob_Rutledge
Level 3
This is the actual message I receive.

The following Symantec products and components are installed on your computer.

> Backup Exec System Recovery Manager

> LiveUpdate

Initializing...

Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...

All of the Symantec products installed on your computer are currently up-to-date. Remember to check for new updates frequently.

LiveUpdate session is complete.

Inventino
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I don't know why symantec website didn't give download SP.
But you can try to run live update or download BESR 8.5.5 at here ==> https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=51799 

loganjf
Level 3
The above link by Suchart does not work. Make sure that within LiveUpdate that you are downloading product updates. BESR 8.5.5 is only downloadable from liveupdate.

vpa
Level 3
I have same problem on some computers and all have Windows Server 2008 installed. Windows Server 2003, XP or Vista has no problems and Live Update correctly update to current version. Windows 7 has problems, on some computers Live Update works, on some not.
Try reinstall from downloaded packages from FileConnect.

criley
Employee Accredited
FYI

You can download the 8.5.5 service pack here:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/335028