cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VProSvc.exe service crash

dizza
Level 3

The "Backup Exec System Recovery" service will not start up at all. I get a runtime error on the screen and in the log it states:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Application Error
Event Category:    (100)
Event ID:    1000
Date:        12/26/2008
Time:        10:36:01 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    BPIMAGE
Description:
Faulting application VProSvc.exe, version 8.0.2.26324, faulting module ErrorGui.dll, version 8.0.2.26324, fault address 0x000c99e0.

I've ran the .NET installs again and still have this issue.

Can anyone provide some help on this?

7 REPLIES 7

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Are there any other errors before or after this one on the application event log?

dizza
Level 3
No errors with BESR or any other program before or after the event for BESR service crashing. The service gets that runtime error anytime you attempt to start it.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Try uninstalling and reinstalling BESR from a new download.

dizza
Level 3
Will this cause any of our settings to be lost??

dizza
Level 3

I uninstalled BESR. Rebooted server. Installed again, rebooted. Still has the same problem. Can't start the service.

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Try performing another uninstall using the .bat file located in the following technote; http://support.veritas.com/docs/297950 

Afterwards reinstall BESR and it should work fine. It looks like, in other instances of this issue, there were some files left from a failed install or uninstall. Sometimes a simple uninstall/reinstall works, but where that has failed, this batch file has worked.

dizza
Level 3

Lastnight I uninstalled BESR, then uninstalled .NET 2.0 and 3.0 and then rebooted. Once it was back up, I installed BESR again, then let it install .NET 2.0 when prompted by BESR. So far it is running okay without an error. I'll definitely save that batch file though for later use if needed.

Thanks