cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I install System Recovery ?

colin_marr
Level 5
Can I install System recovery on one computer and then use it (after buying lic for each server) to back up several servers. eg like one computer could be the backup server. Then all backups are done from that comptuer. Or do I have to install it on every computer that I want to use System Recovery on.

thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Colin,

You install BESR on one server known as the console server. This box will be used to control the jobs you run but you can save the images anywhere on your network. The only real requirement is that you have .NET Framework Version 2.0 on this server.
From this console server you push the BESR agent out to other machines (From console -  Computers>Add>Deploy Agent).
Once the agent has been deployed you connect to each machine through the console you set up and run your image creation jobs.

Good Luck,
Gilly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Colin,

You install BESR on one server known as the console server. This box will be used to control the jobs you run but you can save the images anywhere on your network. The only real requirement is that you have .NET Framework Version 2.0 on this server.
From this console server you push the BESR agent out to other machines (From console -  Computers>Add>Deploy Agent).
Once the agent has been deployed you connect to each machine through the console you set up and run your image creation jobs.

Good Luck,
Gilly

colin_marr
Level 5
Great thanks

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Mark as a solution please Colin?