cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create Custom REcovery Disk??

savas_cucum
Level 3

Hi,

i have problem like that. System Recovery Disk 7.0.1  not supported HP 6710S Ethernet Driver (Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet)

After install System recovery 7.0.1, create custom recovery disk, Add Etnernet INF file, i see the Ethernet Card Model and then create SRD.

Restart HP 6710s notebook with Custom SRD, not support Ethernet, have no ip.

What is the Problem?

Help me,

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Does the customizable SRD wizard complete successfully, and appear to import the Broadcom drivers?

As a troubleshooting step, what happens if you boot into the default SRD and use the "Load a Driver" button to load the Broadcom drivers?  Do they appear to function properly if you do it that way?

Thanks.

savas_cucum
Level 3
Thank you Bill for reply,

Create custom SRD wizard complete succesfully,
i didnt understand what you mean "Appear to import the Broadcom Drivers"

After compare drivers, selected Custom, and added Brodcom Driver that download HP site, i see the Broadcom Drivers "570x 10/100MB"... Finish succesfully..

After Reboot notebook Created SRD disk, Network services Started, but no IP, Checked the Network Configuration no NIC.
if i load driver manually, (driver in USB memory or SRD cd), Screen like that. Driver Loaded Succesfully.
But i have same problem still. No NIC and No IP.

in the Sytem Recovery Disk, in driectory DDB i see the broadcom 570x drivers. Load this this driver aganatin no NIC and No IP, 

thanks for your help.

Netguru_2
Level 3
I might suggest that you have downloaded the wrong driver for the hardware. In your first post you say the NIC is an HP 6710S Ethernet Driver (Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet) and you say the recovery disk custom driver is for Broadcom 570x.

Is the driver for the 590x the same as the 570x or is the 9 in the first post a typo?

savas_cucum
Level 3
Hi Netguru,
570x and 590x are same driver.,