cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore anywhere didn't prompt for the raid adapter driver, how to add it from the recovery console ?

Loic_michel
Level 3

I've made an image of a DELL PowerEdge T610 running win2K8R2 using SSR2013 SP2.

I've restore this image on a DELL PowerEdge T620 using the restore anywhere option.

RestoreAnywhere prompt me for new network adapter driver but not for the RAID Controller (perc 710P).

When I boot the server windows launch the System Recovery tool. It doesnt see the hardrive untill i click on add driver and select the driver of the raid controller.

20140905-10h13m06s.jpg

So now I am on the recovery with windows detected on E:

20140905-10h15m53s.jpg

What should I do to install the driver so that the raid controller will be detected on the next server boot ?

I tried to use pnputil :

e:\windows\system32\pnputil -i -a d:\drivers\perc\oemsetup.inf

but it says "Failed to install the driver on any of the devices"

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Loic_michel
Level 3

Finaly I've successfully restore the image on the new serve!

The key was to NOT USE MINI SETUP (hidden feature of the Restore Anyware option available when pressing Ctrl key and checking use restore anyware )

hope this help !

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

criley
Employee Accredited

What you should do is this:

1. Create custom SRD (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH83694) and add the RAID driver to the SRD. The driver must be compatible with the version of Windows you are restoring
  2. Run the restore again using this custom SRD

The RAID driver should get automatically injected into the restored operating system.

Hope this helps.

Loic_michel
Level 3

Hi  Chris, thanks for your response, I 've done what you suggested, but after restore I'm still getting the recovery tools. Is there anything else I can try ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you using the 2013 SP2 recovery disk for the restore?

And can you provide the download link for the RAID driver you are adding to the custom SRD?

Loic_michel
Level 3

I have created the custom srd from a ssr2013SP2, and specifying the srd iso named SSR11.0.2.49853_AllWin_64bit_English_SrdOnly.iso is that correct ?

here is the link to the drivers : http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00118151M/1/DRVR_WIN_HM7MN_5.1.112.64_A00_ZPE.exe

thank you

Loic_michel
Level 3

I have created the custom srd from a ssr2013SP2, and specifying the srd iso named SSR11.0.2.49853_AllWin_64bit_English_SrdOnly.iso is that correct ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, that is the latest SRD.

However, the driver link you provided suggests the RAID driver you are using (5.1.112.64) is not the latest available. Looks like version 6.802.19.0 is the latest (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-t620/drivers).

Perhaps worth a try?

Loic_michel
Level 3

OK I' m trying now, but since this driver allow me to see the drive in the recovery mode, i guess it shoud work ...

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, that's true. Still worth a try I think though...

If it still does not work, I think it might be time to open a support case.

Loic_michel
Level 3

Mmmhn after installing a patch (Symantec_System_Recovery_11.0_SP2_Patch_64) and use the last raid driver I'm still facing an issue :

20140905-16h21m47s.jpg

criley
Employee Accredited

Is the server you are restoring a domain controller?

Loic_michel
Level 3

no it isn't

criley
Employee Accredited

I'd recommend you open a support case for this then.

Loic_michel
Level 3

Finaly I've successfully restore the image on the new serve!

The key was to NOT USE MINI SETUP (hidden feature of the Restore Anyware option available when pressing Ctrl key and checking use restore anyware )

hope this help !