cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to manage offsite USB harddisks

gniersma
Level 3

Hi i'm using Backup exec recovery 2010 on a windows server 2008

We have defined an online storage for our backups and  two (offsite) external USB harddisk. On weekly base on offsite disk is attached the other one is external.

If we select manage backup destination, we can manage the online backup destination but the connect offsite cannot be managed.

The program does see the disk and shows the used space and the free space but doesn't show the recovery points.

The backup history shows that offsite backups are made.

Somebody any idea ??

Thx in advance Gerard

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

gniersma
Level 3

Markus,

Thx for pointing me to these threats, but it doesn't solve our problem.

- One threat is regarding the BESS 70-85 version. This guy is making own scripts to clean up the off-site folder. For us we we would like to use the functionality in BESR to do this.

- The other threat. tells:

You can set BESR 2010 up in a way that will copy to an offsite disk, no matter what disk you put in. It just has to have the same folder destination i.e. K:\symbackup (that's what I use). You can use USBDLM to make sure your USB drives are always assigned the same drive letter.

In our situation we have always the same drive letter I've checked this.

still we get these type of messages:

Date: 12/11/2010 00:03:20

Notification Type: Info

Priority: High

Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point \\srv07.nivo.nl\backups\SRV03\srv03_F_Drive001_i001.iv2ideleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, support call ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

hero-technology
Level 3
Partner

Any updates??? We have the same problem...