cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade steps from System Recovery 2013 to VSR18

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

A customer is running System Recovery 2013 on Windows 7. They want to upgrade to VSR18 with all their data, jobs intact. Do we have any step-by-step guide or documentation that explains this process? I don't want to have to create a step-by-step guide from scratch...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

Yes, you could do it that way but it does seem like a lot of work just to avoid re-creating the backup job which is pretty simple and quick (unless you are talking about multiple machines here?).

Remember that a reboot is needed after each install/upgrade.

Yes, upgrade is simple; run the installer and it will handle everything for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

You can only upgrade to VSR 18 from SSR 2013 R2 (and newer).

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Right. So I guess in their case, it would be a two step process. Upgrade from System Recovery 2013 to System Recovery 2013 R2 or VSR16 and then upgrade from System Recovery 2013 R2 or VSR16 to VSR18, correct? The actual step is to just run the installer I guess and the installer will handle the rest keeping the jobs intact. Is this understanding correct? 

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

Yes, you could do it that way but it does seem like a lot of work just to avoid re-creating the backup job which is pretty simple and quick (unless you are talking about multiple machines here?).

Remember that a reboot is needed after each install/upgrade.

Yes, upgrade is simple; run the installer and it will handle everything for you.

I use System Recovery 2013 to backup one standalone laptop.  It has stopped working.  Which version of VSR do I need to upgrade?  Although the Entitlement Management System says I have

“SYSTEM RECOVERY DESKTOP ED WIN 1 DEVICE ONPREMISE STANDARD PERPETUAL LICENSE”

It also says I am only entitled to Version 16.  I am very confused about what I need.  Please help.

There's no direct upgrade from SR2013 to VSR18 so you would need to upgrade to VSR16 first and then upgrade to VSR18. This would be a step upgrade.