cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v2isr.exe Property Segment was not found

sboyle
Level 2
I created an image using v2icreate.exe.  That worked fine.  I can open and verify the image with v2ibrowser.exe, that works fine.  If I use v2isr.exe without command line parameters and I step through the gui then I can restore the image and it works just fine.  However, when I try to pass command line parameters I always get the same error, "Error E0BC0001: Property Segment was not found". 

This seems like a bug to me as it works fine without command line parameters.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!
7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited
Can you please confirm what version/build of BESR you are using.

sboyle
Level 2
If I check the version of the v2isr.exe is shows 8.5.3.31483.

I'm trying pretty basic command line params:
v2isr.exe" -DDN 0 -DPN 2 -SVF F:\Images\009-0007-001_REV04.v2i

Anytime I have the -SVF param (which is important to me) I get the 'Property segment was not found' error.

Thanks.

sboyle
Level 2
I also reproduced the problem with v2isr.exe version 8.5.5.33937 (created an image with that same version and tried to restore it.)  Same scenario, same problem.

criley
Employee Accredited
OK, leave this with me and I will see if I can reproduce the problem here.

I probably wont get time to do this until next week though. I'll post back with results once I have them.

Chris

criley
Employee Accredited
OK, I got a chance to test this today and was able to reproduce the problem with 8.5.5.

It seems to work with the 8.0.4 SRD so the problem appears to be with 8.5.x. I'll keep you posted on this issue.

sboyle
Level 2
Glad it reproduced for you.  Looking forward to a working version.  Thanks again.

criley
Employee Accredited
Here is the TechNote that documents this issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/331461

Once this is fixed in 8.5, this TechNote will be updated.