cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search hit count - timeline analysis (quarterly, monthly subtotals)

Ali_G
Level 4
Employee

Is there a way in Clearwell to do a search hit count timeline analysis? I cannot seem to figure out a way in report, export or the GUI -similar to what EV/DA offers (see attached). Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Howdy @Ali_G,

While there are no comparable filters in Analysis & Review nor any specific "search hit timeline" analytics, I would suggest that you could get what you need from either a metadata or production export.

Try this:

1. Conduct your hit search. 
  2. Export all documents resulting in the search.
  3. For either Export, chose Standard, Simple or Extended CSV template. Just make sure that Fields to Export contains DateSent as this will provide the timeline. Note: Eventually, one of the formats proves fruitful, you may want to only include the fields you want and/or Save as Template. 
  4. Also, in the Export screen you may want to change the Date & Time format either to seperate the fields and/or display format.
  5. Run the Export.
  6. Open the resulting Export zip file and review the CSV file generated. This will provide a list of all documents to include DateSent which could then be sorted to provide a timeline analysis of all documents with hits. 

Attached is a screen shot of the resulting CSV file.

Let me know if you'd like me to explain further. I hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Howdy @Ali_G,

While there are no comparable filters in Analysis & Review nor any specific "search hit timeline" analytics, I would suggest that you could get what you need from either a metadata or production export.

Try this:

1. Conduct your hit search. 
  2. Export all documents resulting in the search.
  3. For either Export, chose Standard, Simple or Extended CSV template. Just make sure that Fields to Export contains DateSent as this will provide the timeline. Note: Eventually, one of the formats proves fruitful, you may want to only include the fields you want and/or Save as Template. 
  4. Also, in the Export screen you may want to change the Date & Time format either to seperate the fields and/or display format.
  5. Run the Export.
  6. Open the resulting Export zip file and review the CSV file generated. This will provide a list of all documents to include DateSent which could then be sorted to provide a timeline analysis of all documents with hits. 

Attached is a screen shot of the resulting CSV file.

Let me know if you'd like me to explain further. I hope this helps Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Great, thank you Jimmy. Appreciate it. :)